Hey loves! A good friend of mine is doing her thesis on swing dancing, and if you’re interested in being a part of it, check this out! I know she’d appreciate any and all data; it took me about 5 min to fill out <3
Support your fellow dancer! :)
ILHC 2012 - Cement Mix-A-Lot - Team Division
Ooooh I like this routine. I love the variations and jazz dancing. You can tell they practice their solo work a lot. I love it.
Disney California Adventure Five ‘n’ Dime Performance
Okay yeah I know this is a little over the top ridiculously cliche with the zoot suit and all that, but at around 1:20 Goofy starts going 20’s Charleston which I find RATHER entertaining.
Worth taking video of :)
Live from Camp Hollywood!
Saw this young kid here at CH this year, and this kid is truly inspiring.
His spirit is just so unabashedly jitterbug — I HAD to get a picture.
Yes, it’s blurry. IT’S HARD TO GET A CLEAR PICTURE WHEN YOU’RE CREEPING ON PEOPLE WHILE THEY’RE DANCING OKAY :3 Also Minn Vo was was trying to talk to me while I was busy being creeping on this couple. Nice job Melissa, you totally don’t come off as a weirdo now.
BUT LOOKIT THOSE MOVES!
Tumblr Hopper Stickers!!
Here is my latest tumblr hopper project! (I was trying to make sure I completed it before Camp Hollywood.)
Special Thank You to:
sarahsellaphix, for being the talented, creative artist she is and providing these designs for us
My coworker, who will probably never read this, for lending me her scissors, providing her opinions on size, for listening to me rant about life, and for occasionally providing me with Skittles during this laborious process
My printer, for cooperating with me in printing out these designs
Staples, for having labels big enough for me to attempt this project
The tumblr hoppers! Duh. None of this would be possible or would even matter without you guys.
Terms and Conditions of the Tumblr Hopper Stickers:
- They are stickers, not buttons. There is a decent chance I will delve into making buttons in the near future, but for right now stickers are what we have. (Also stickers are cheaper and easier to make/ship :3)
- They are absolutely free!
- They are circles. I have cut out a little tab on the side of each sticker to ensure easy peel-off, but the sticker itself is perfectly round*
- *Okay, they are not perfectly round. I did not have any sort of outline or thing to make sure all the circles were perfect, and they were all cut out individually by hand. All I can say is that they are all reasonably circle-shaped
- Some stickers may be negligibly smaller/larger than others. I made some samples and picked out the size that I wanted to make all the stickers, but unfortunately some of those size samples got mixed up. I assure you the size difference is only noticeable to people like me freaking out that people won’t like them
- Supply is limited to Melissa having money in her bank account to continue buying the materials needed to make these
- There are 4 sticker designs. They all have the same color scheme/picture and they say, "lindy hopprs on tumblr" at the bottom.
They come with 4 different phrases at the top:
- scroll down & swing out
- jazz up your dash* (not pictured, but I’m making them tonight/tomorrow)
- are you hep to the like
- reblog all the strom
I will be handing these out at Camp Hollywood for any tumblr hoppers attending.
I will probably be the one wearing a “reblog all the strom" sticker.
Or if you see someone else with a sticker, they should be able to direct you to me.
At the moment, I have about a dozen of each design, so supply is limited.
Any tumblr hoppers who are not local and would like to receive some stickers, please send me a message and I will do my best to work something out. (international dancers included!)
I hope you guys like ‘em :3
I get to spend five straight swing-dancing with this lovely married couple at Camp Hollywood!
This weekend will be so exhausting and bold!
Mantenuto in Fresno (by [Sta] Mattina)
They are so cute!
Source: Flickr / stamattina
This is why Walter is one of my favorite leads. He is seriously so much fun. He came back from Beantown inspired, truly.
What a cute picture! I love Walter’s bowtie and the amazing look on his face that just tells you how much he’s rockin’ it.
Man, everyone is this picture looks like they are just having the most epic time.
Thanks for sharing!